Sunday, August 26, 2007

One Week Into School

All mighty fine here. One week of classes under the belt. Very smooth beginning to the year and excellent kids. No surprise! This weekend I joined another teacher and took our boarding students down to the city (Kona) where we did some shopping (Costco, Wal-Mart, and Ross). Then today, we spent the afternoon at the beach. It was a lot of fun watching the kids have so much fun boogie boarding, throwing the football and just playing in the waves.
This morning during an amazing walk, I picked up a bagful of fallen macadamia nuts. I took off their skins and then cracked them with a hammer when I got home. Ate a few raw and threw the rest in the oven to roast. Woah! Yummy. Between picking avocados and cracking mac nuts, I ought to stay pretty busy. Maybe fatten up a bit too :)